There are many personal injury lawyers available. They have studied and worked extremely hard to get where they are so that they can help you get compensation for your injuries, whether they are physical, psychological, or emotional. To show a personal injury lawyer respect and so that you don’t waste your time or theirs, it’s important that you have all the relevant information and material for your claim at your fingertips. So what should you have ready for when you go see a personal injury lawyer?
- Specific details about how the accident occurred (in dot point form so it is easy to read through)
- Photographs of the accident scene if you can easily and safely get these
- Any relevant medical reports (e.g. if it was a car accident and you were treated for whiplash)
- Receipts for out of pocket expenses including things like crutches, GP gap payments, and medication
- A travel log of all the travel time related to appointments for your injuries
- The details of all the doctors you are seeing in relation to the accident
- Details of how your life has been affected due to your injuries (e.g. a list of things around the house that you cannot do)
- If you have made a claim, the details of the insurance officer handling it
- If it was a car accident, the details of your car registration and any other vehicles involved
- The details of any witnesses to the accident
- Accounts of what was said at the time
It can seem like a lot to get a hold of, especially if you are recovering from a painful injury, but by having all this information handy you will save yourself time and money, as well as showing any personal injury lawyers you choose to see that you are serious about your claim.
If you are interested in personal injury lawyers in Sydney, call BPC Lawyers on (02) 8355 4003, or enquire online at http://www.bpclaw.com.au.